Bionic is a “transient splicing engine”, i.e. it is designed to give detailed control over a range of parameters needed to mix and match a number of different initial transients to another set of tails/longer sounds.
SOUND DESIGN POSSIBILITIES
The result are
- Hybrid recreations of classic sounds with mostly organic attacks (taps, mallets, plucks, brush) and a mix of organic and synth/pure sine tails.
- Creative, inventive sounds that push the combinations of previously unrelated sounds into new territory
Some of the “bionic” sounds included in this initial version of the product (Lite):
- Replicas of classic house organ sounds
- Celesta, Music Box, Xylophone
- A range of bass sounds including a “reconstructed” pizzicato upright bass
There are four layers, accessible on page 1: two transient layers, and two tail layers. Levels can be adjusted as balance between each of the tail/transient layers respectively, and globally between transients and tails. Each layer contains sample offset and tuning controls as well as a “humanize” function which introduces subtle to not-so-subtle random pitch variations (especially helpful for making non-tonal transients more realistic).
The effects page includes filters, EQ, saturation and delay + reverb controls.
- 4 layers of sound: 2 transient layers and 2 tail layers
- Extensive sound sculpting controls, including crossover fade (between transient and tail samples), crossover point, tail envelope, transient attack curve (shape)
- Vibrato, Velocity Sensitivity (Volume, Low Pass and High Pass) and Humanize Controls for in-depth realism
- 20 Presets: Tap Celesta, Tap Bell, Mr Android Pluck, Plastic Pizzicato Bass, Breathy Stab, Expansive Xylophone, Rhodesian Scholar, House Organ, Vibey House Organ, Steel Drum Baby, Music Box, Starlight Swoosh, A Gong or Two, Plucky Squelchy Bass, White Noise Organ Stab, Pillow Harp, Gamelan, Hammond Bass, Electric Bass, Heavy Tines.
- Replika Analog Style delay
- Based on Riot Audio’s proprietary BIONIC TRANSIENT SPLICING ENGINE
- Total size of sampled content: 0.36 GB
- Requires Native Instruments Kontakt 6.4.2 (Full Version)