SpikeQ is a frequency based transient shaper.
As a distant cousin of Drum Snapper, it features the same attitude for increasing the Attack of a source, but expands it with the ability to enhance certain frequency areas on the attack portion of a sound.
Do you have a source that is too buried in a mix?
Do you want to make certain frequencies pop?
SpikeQ enables you to add huge boosts of eq but not making them too boomy and loose (in the low end) or too splashy (in the high end).
These plugins are free to use and I make them on my spare time. If you like them and are able to help by becoming a Patreon member, I would be very grateful.
Track24 is neither a Tape Emulation, nor a simple Saturator. It behaves like Analog Tape but without its “downsides”. It doesn’t care about Flutter, Wow or Noise, but it has the Tone and Saturation characteristics of Tape, plus other extra functionality
• Features a Tape Saturation section with a variable Texture control to add more Even or Odd order harmonics;
• A Tone section with 4 filter “presets” that were inspired by 2 different tape machines, running at different Ips – with “Neutral” being a completely flat;
• 4x oversample button to avoid aliasing – adds a tiny bit of latency;
• High and Low pass filters that are pre-saturation. To shape the incoming signal;
• A Dry/Wet knob to mix the clean with the saturated signal.
Cymbal Killer is a 2-band Gate especially designed for drums. With it’s two bands you can have different envelope settings for the sustain (low frequencies) and attack (high frequencies) of the drum. It allows the sustain to breathe while keeping the attack short to kill the cymbal bleed entering through the close mics on a drumset (hence the name).
– It has a side-chain input and high-pass, low-pass and parametric filters (shared by the two bands) for focusing the sound of the drum on the detector circuit;
– Lookahead for allowing the full transient through (introduces latency);
– Two visualizers (one for each band) for watching the envelope;
– Mix slider for allowing a mix between the original clean signal and the gated signal.
These plugins are free to use and I make them on my spare time. If you like them and are able to help by donating, I would be very grateful.
Cymbal Killer 1.0.2
Drum Snapper is a transient shaper tailored for drums.
It can add more snap or more sustain to the drums and has other extra functions not found on other transient shapers.
- It has a Focus knob specially made for sharpening the attack of the drum.
- A Tape-like Clipper that is oversampled to avoid aliasing (introduces latency, for best quality).
- With the Release knob it is possible to shape the tail of the drum when adding sustain and change the sensitivity of the processing when adding attack;
- A Tape-like Clipper for distorting high frequencies spikes, with both gain and mix controls. To add excitement.
Drum Snapper 1.0.0