Clean compressor with perfect curves. A very highly regarded and praised compressor/limiter with unique and ultra clean digital envelope algorithm.
FirComp is an ultra clean peak compressor/limiter with punchy attack, musical release, and optional lookahead smoothing, for tracks or busses. Zero/low latency and low CPU. Warm distortion at extreme settings.
– Fast or same-sample attack times that never sound “clicky”, even in zero latency mode
– Innovative digital envelope detection algorithm allows for much lower distortion than typical peak compressors (see a plot of a 1kHz hard limited sine wave in zero latency mode)
– Optional lookahead FIR gain smoothing for an even cleaner sound
– True zero attack (same-sample) when “0.0 ms” is selected
– Dual parallel release stage with musical, highly history-dependent behaviour. Avoids use of multiple compressors in series!
– Easy sidechain filtering options for common mixing situations
– Low CPU, fully 64-bit DSP code, making full use of SSE instructions. Insert on every track without a second thought!
– Zero latency with lookahead off. With lookahead on, compensated latency of 1.5ms
– No phase shift: can be used in parallel
FirComp comes in two versions: FirComp and FirComp LowRatio (read PDF manual included).