Strings Dream is able to reproduce the infinite array of rich, analog pads from the most famous string machines in synthesizer history. Emulate the classic Eminent™ Solina as well as its sister keyboards from Elka™, Crumar™ and even their Japanese cousins.
String Dream does not use samples. Instead the “octave divider” circuitry typical of those early polyphonic synths has been natively emulated, so that all sounds are computed in realtime in true VA fashion.
The fundamental “Ensemble” effect (like the vintage Solina chorus) accurately follows the architecture of its hardware counterpart. However, it has been extended for a wider range of “chorus” effects.
– VST2 64-bit for Windows*.
– Brand new control for waveshape morphing.
– Extra sound engine for the paraphonic mode (“Paraphony” on GUI)
with new timbral characteristics, featuring “analogue pulsed noise” emulation.
– The paraphonic mode allows very different articulations
compared to the standard polyphonic mode (“Polyphony” on GUI).
– As per above, “Polyphony” vs “Paraphony” is now not just a change of behaviour
of the ADSR envelope.
– Redesigned filters for the voice stops, especially for the ones labeled “Brass” and “Horn”.
– Recalibrated relative gains of all the voice stops.
– “Ensemble” chorus DSP upgraded to higher order interpolation (improved transparency and warmth).
– Rewritten “Spring” algorithm for Reverb, to allow longer resonances.
– Reviewed all presets/patches.
– Analogue Drum Kit: bonus feature: 20 of the best LoFi sounds from Drum Machines* of the late Seventies.
(playable using the MIDI keys above the Strings sound range)
– Minor changes in the GUI and other minor bugs fixed. Larger GUI also available.
Three skins included. User can easily make custom skins by making PNG files.