Spat3D 218, 236, 264 and 280, the four versions differ mainly in their number of outputs and minor differences in the arrangement of their interface.
This plugin can represent some alternative to existing multichannel panners that are integrated in most DAWs as more effective “space brushes”:
– mono / stereo input, 18 to 80 outputs
– two 2D views (front and top) for easy and precise 3D placement of “speakers” (use the Ctrl/Cmd key for finer control)
– big numbered balls (easy for the eyes …), choose the balls’ color to match the height levels or other aspects
– the Distance Based Amplitude Control algorithm allows custom “pan laws” and more creative spatial effects
– Area settings for every output to adapt to irregular layouts, with distance visualization bars (1st input view only in 36 channels and up versions)
– Center Compensation parameter to help to create phantom sites inside “hollow” periphonic speakers arrangements like a circle or a sphere
– Area Shape : variable amplitude curve, from sharp to flat
– Area Volume : dynamically change the spatial volume of the sound, while the Volume Compensation parameter allows a constant level if you prefer to
– parametric Symmetry Modes for Left/Right inputs links
– the 218 and the 236 version can import and export the spatial configuration in am36 file format, the 264 version in am64 format.