Soundpaint by 8DIO Productions is a Virtual Instrument Audio Plugin and a Standalone Application for macOS and Windows. It functions as a VST Plugin, an Audio Units Plugin, a VST 3 Plugin and a Standalone Application.
Soundpaint is a free and advanced software technology designed to offer the highest degree of fidelity and realism possible for digital music instruments.
Soundpaint renders all instruments by morphing velocity layers and generating new velocities and samples from them.
The technology has taken 8 years to develop. Everything is built from the ground up, including a new proprietary algorithmic audio format that allows us to render instruments in real-time.
The Soundpaint engine uses all the natural imperfections of instruments and can sound completely realistic or synthetic. It also has analog behaviors built-in.
The Soundpaint engine is designed for fast and intuitive music making. Overall workflow is approximately 40% faster than competing technologies. Load-speeds are up to 10X faster with super-optimization for SSD.
We spent years usability testing the engine and ensuring that every action is the most logical possible.
Want to assign something to your controller? Right click, wiggle your controller and you are set. Want to reorganize your effects chain? Just drag’n’drop each effects module.
Want to morph a piano and a water drop? Just click morph. Soundpaint is simple on the surface. Complex underneath.
Fast User Interface
The User Interface is based on a modern, modular, minimalistic design scheme. Everything is easily configurable. The ultra-fast browser let’s you find any of your instruments in seconds. The UI is super optimized for a minimal amount of clicking. We employed deep classification principles from classic library science for the fastest and most logical way of saving and retrieving instruments.
The search engine is highly optimized for compositional workflow and instruments can be found both by name, emotions, playing techniques, genres and articulations.
- The effects suite contains dozens of different analog models to augment your instruments.
- True modeled algorithmic reverbs based on the world’s most famous vintage reverbs. Analog style filters with natural variation.
- 12 Distortion Models. Granular verb and delays.
- True vintage modeled BBD delays and delays modeled on the falling of rain. Infinitely large shimmer reverbs with pitch-shifting capabilities. Industry leading EQ designs both parametric and dynamic. True modeled vintage chorus effects (used by the Weeknd).
- The meanest retro modeled bit-crusher with adjustable bit-resolution. The ultimate cinematic gate tool and dozen others.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?