Dead Duck Reducktion is a 32-voice polyphonic software synthesizer for use in audio hosts that support the VST 2.4 plugin format. It available for Windows operating systems in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Three multi-mode oscillators:
- Wave: continuously variable between saw, square, triangle and sine waveforms.
- Pulse: pulse wave with variable width from 0 to 100%.
- FM: sine wave FM with carrier and two modulators.
Full stereo output with oscillator pan and stereo noise options.
Up to 8-voice unison detune with mix and stereo spread controls.
Two resonant filters:
- 24 dB/oct low pass with self-oscillation.
- 12 db/oct low pass, high pass, band pass, band stop and peaking.
Three ADSR envelopes.
Three flexible LFOs:
- Triangle, sine, square, saw and random outputs.
- Tempo-sync, free-running, phase and attack time.
A 12-slot modulation matrix.
Built in drive, EQ, chorus, delay and reverb effects.
- Up, down and up/down arpeggiator modes.
- Sequencer-controlled note, velocity and note length.
- Variable step count and tempo-based step times from 1/32T to 1/1D.
- Two modulation sources with stepped or smoothed output options.
MIDI learn for easy assignment of hardware controllers.
File-based preset system for easy management and sharing.
Resizeable user interface with 100%, 150% and 200% scaling options.
User-definable themes for easy customisation.
Reducktion is provided as a simple zip-file package; for a quick and easy installation simply extract the contents to a plugin folder that is write-accessible by your host.
For more detailed setup instructions see the User Guide included in the distribution package.