GR-8 is an 8 voices virtual analog synthesizer with built-in effects and an arpeggiator.
• Arpeggiator: 5 Modes (Up, Down, Alt 1, Alt 2, Random), 4 Octaves Range.
• Voice Modes: Mono, Unison (8 voices), Chord (4 stereo notes), Poly (8 voices).
• Voice Effects: Glide, Legato, Voice Detune, Voice Stereo Spread.
• Oscillators: OSC 1 (Tri, Saw, Pulse, Square), OSC 2 (Sine, Saw, Pulse, Noise).
• Oscillator Effects: Cross Modulation (FM), Pulse Width Modulation (PWM), Sync.
• Filters: Non-resonant High Pass, Resonant Low Pass (12, 18, or 24 dB/Octave).
• Modulation: Pitch Bender, Mod Wheel, LFO, 2 Envelopes.
• Effects: EQ, Distortion, Phaser, Chorus/Flanger, Delay, Reverb.
• Presets: 88.
Caution: Each preset has its own MIDI assignment. If you make a MIDI assignment you need to save the preset. Otherwise, the MIDI assignment you’ve made will be lost as soon you change the preset. If you want to make your own presets with the same MIDI assignments, you can do it by assigning MIDI controls to the Initial preset, saving a copy of it, and using it as a template for your sounds.
v1.1.1 – 2021-09-25:
• Added global Octave control (+/- 2 Octaves) (per request).
v1.1.0 – 2021-09-22:
• Added version number to the GUI.
• Added Synth/Effects Randomize and Reset functions (per request).
• Changed Arp controls to drop-down menus (per request).
• Fixed popup hint text for all switches.
• Removed random phase from Oscillators in Mono and Poly modes.
• Moved Pitch Bender and Mod Wheel controls above the wheels.
• Added Pitch Transpose control (+/- 6 semitones) (per request).
• Added Velocity to Filter Cutoff and Amplitude (per request).
• Optimized LFOs to save CPU.
• Added LFO Retrig button – this will affect some old presets (per request).
• Added internal ON/OFF switches to Chorus, Delay & Reverb to save CPU.
• Preset List returns to top on a Category change.
• Improved Preset List scrollbar motion.
• Updated GUI and About screen.