OcenAudio is a cross-platform, easy to use, fast and functional audio editor. It is the ideal software for people who need to edit and analyze audio files without complications. OcenAudio also has powerful features that will please more advanced users. This software is based on Ocen Framework, a powerful library developed to simplify and standardize the development of audio manipulation and analysis applications across multiple platforms.
It works on your computer!
OcenAudio is available for all major operating systems: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. This means you can always rely on OcenAudio on any computer.
It stays out of your way
No matter how many files are open, OcenAudio always remains responsive. Time-consuming tasks (such as opening and saving audio files, or applying effects) run in background, allowing you to work on other files.
The user comes first
The development of OcenAudio began when a brazilian research group at the Federal University of Santa Catarina (LINSE) needed an easy-to-use audio editor loaded with features such as multiple file formats support, spectral analysis and audio signal generation. OcenAudio development focuses primarily on usability, providing the user with a cohesive and intuitive audio editing and analysis tool.
VST plugins support
• OcenAudio supports VST (Virtual Studio Technology) plugins, giving its users access to numerous effects. Like the native effects, VST effects can use real-time preview to aide configuration.
Real-time preview of effects
• Applying effects such as EQ, gain and filtering is an important part of audio editing. However, it is very tricky to get the desired result by adjusting the controls configuration alone: you must listen the processed audio. To ease the configuration of audio effects, OcenAudio has a real time preview feature: you hear the processed signal while adjusting the controls.
• The effect configuration window also includes a miniature view of the selected audio signal. You can navigate on this miniature view in the same way as you do on the main interface, selecting parts that interest you and listening to the effect result in real time.
• OcenAudio is available for all major operating systems: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Native applications are generated for each platform from a common source, in order to achieve excelent performance and seamless integration with the operating system. All versions of OcenAudio have a uniform set of features and the same graphical interface, so the skills you learn in one platform can be used in the others.
Multi-selection for delicate editions
• To speed up complex audio files editing, OcenAudio includes multi-selection. With this amazing tool, you can simultaneously select different portions of an audio file and listen, edit or even apply an effect to them.
• For example, if you want to normalize only the excerpts of an interview where the interviewee is talking, just select them and apply the effect.
Efficient editing of large files
• With OcenAudio, there is no limit to the length or the quantity of the audio files you can edit. Using an advanced memory management system, the application keeps your files open without wasting any of your computer’s memory. Even in files several hours long, common editing operations such as copy, cut or paste happen almost instantly.
Fully featured spectrogram
• Besides offering an incredible waveform view of your audio files, OcenAudio has a powerful and complete spectrogram view. In this view, you can analyze the spectral content of your audio signal with maximum clarity.
• Advanced users will be surprised to find that the spectrogram settings are applied in real time. The display is updated immediately when altering features such as the number of frequency bands, window type and size and dynamic range of the display
Fix audio devices errors
Markers are now centered on select
Add foundation for implementing ocenaudio visual tools (launch mid-September)
Improve copy/paste OS integration
Fix focus problem after closing effect
Fix play from last sample
Add show/hide to selection overlays
Update visibility behavior in gain tool
Fixes applying VST effects that have a large delay
Fix issue with manual reordering of open files
Official portables version is added too