#MonsterGuitarVST is a Free Guitar virtual instrument that covers multi music genres, from Reggae to Pop to Rock and everything in between.
I’m Agus Hardiman and I made this Monster Guitar as a tool to make a MIDI mockup when I composed a song.
It is not meant to replace a real guitarist, but rather to help everybody so abstract ideas become more fixed.
Because of this, if you compare Monster Guitar VST with any other VST like AmpleSound or Shreddage or anything else, my VST doesn’t have detailed and realistic sound, let alone if you compare it to a real guitarist!
I do hope this VST has its own use in your music production!
In this 2nd version, Monster Guitar has 14 Presets, divided into 3 categories: CHORD Mode, LEAD Mode, and NOTES Mode (More on this below).
Thanks to Vian Electone, Mr. Gatut from Fanada Pro, Topan Abimanyu, Odod, Heman Garde, and all for donating their own guitar playing to this VST, you’re the best!
The great thing about this VST is that this is never complete. This VST gets a new expansion sound continuously every now and then!
Monster Guitar’s 3 MODES = CHORD, LEAD & NOTES
Here’s the explanation of CHORD Mode using one of the Monster Guitar Preset:
Are you confused about how to use CHORD MODE? Check this video!
LEAD Mode is a bunch of presets to play lead guitar/melody. Watch this demo of the LEAD preset:
HEMAN GARDE’s LEAD is one of the LEAD MODE’s preset of Monster Guitar
NOTES Mode is where users plays a bunch of notes like playing a keyboard.
Monster Guitar Features (v2.2022.09)
• Dozens of cool-sounding presets. The current version is v2-2022.09 with 14 Presets (This will be updated regularly, please sign-up for my newsletter in this AHTV blog HOMEPAGE to be notified of updates).
• Some presets have normal, short, and long strumming sounds.
• Very little RAM usage.
• Info and HELP of every preset is at the center LCD of the GUI (See the picture below).
• Global Volume/ Gain, ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release), Filter, and Reverb.
• 3 Preset MODES : CHORD Mode, LEAD Mode, and NOTES Mode (Read above).
• Parameter Automation to dynamically change sounds that fit your music (Read below on ‘How To Automate Monster Guitar Parameters‘).
• Soundbank/Presets can be placed on an external hard disk, no need to place it in a startup drive (Read step #4 below on ‘Monster Guitar Download Links and Installation Steps‘).
• Parameter/Knob value reset by double-clicking it.
• A new expansion sounds preset will be released/updated regularly every now and then. Make sure you sign-up for my newsletter in this AHTV blog HOMEPAGE to be notified of updates.
• Major plugin format: Windows 64bit DAW, Mac VST, and Mac Audio Unit (AU). If you’re a Pro Tools user, please use BlueCat Patchwork to use this VST in your PT.
• Unzip the download files and put the main file (.vst3 or .component or .dll) in your DAW’s plugin folder (Googling “daw plugin location mac windows”).
• Insert Monster Guitar and Choose Library Location
• Fire up your DAW and insert the MONSTER Guitar plugin (usually under AgusHardiman.TV folder/brand).
• Click “Choose folder” to change the soundbank/preset location and point it out to the folder location of Monster Guitar Library