Clean compressor with perfect curves. A very highly regarded and praised compressor/limiter with unique and ultra clean digital envelope algorithm.
FirComp is an ultra clean peak compressor/limiter with punchy attack, musical release, and optional lookahead smoothing, for tracks or busses. Zero/low latency and low CPU. Warm distortion at extreme settings.
– Fast or same-sample attack times that never sound “clicky”, even in zero latency mode
– Innovative digital envelope detection algorithm allows for much lower distortion than typical peak compressors (see a plot of a 1kHz hard limited sine wave in zero latency mode)
– Optional lookahead FIR gain smoothing for an even cleaner sound
– True zero attack (same-sample) when “0.0 ms” is selected
– Dual parallel release stage with musical, highly history-dependent behaviour. Avoids use of multiple compressors in series!
– Easy sidechain filtering options for common mixing situations
– Low CPU, fully 64-bit DSP code, making full use of SSE instructions. Insert on every track without a second thought!
– Zero latency with lookahead off. With lookahead on, compensated latency of 1.5ms
– No phase shift: can be used in parallel
FirComp comes in two versions: FirComp and FirComp LowRatio (read PDF manual included).
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?