A 32-voice complex waveset synthesizer with 5D filter,
internal 151×143 modulation matrix, and more
The Mocha Edition enhances Husserl2 with a more soothing, less vibrant interface. Husserl2 continues to aim to be one of the best free synths you can get. It took a couple of years to make, but I am retired and have no need for more money, so it will stay free. This is not a ‘beta buggy’ version to build a customer base before I start selling it. It will stay free. And I do not require registration or email to download it, which apparently is very unusual these days.
Because Husserl2 takes advantage of all the cores available on your machine, it cannot run inside plugin hosts, which only support one core thread per plugin. As a result, this is a standalone app with native, ASIO, and ReWire client drivers for connection to all current standard DAWs. Although the app includes anti-aliased oscillators and a 4x-oversampled filter, for professional applications a sample rate of at least 88kHz is recommended to provide crisp results in the C8 octave, but if you only play to C7 then standard sample rates are sufficient.
- Fully Compiled 64-bit Multithreaded Audio Path, carefully optimized for performance without sacrificing quality.
- Up to 32 voices with custom LRU voice allocator; base CPU usage ~10%, +1% per playing voice, on 4GHz i7 @44.1kHz sample rate with Windows10 DirectX drivers.
- 2 Oscillators with dual contour, phase, ring modulation, frequency modulation, oscillator mix, plus gate/osc sync controls. EPTR-antialiased square/pulse and saw/triangle waveforms are followed by 44 wavesets, including filter sweeps, morphs, formants, and harmonic bundles. The dual-axis spline-interpolated wavesets contain 127 tables of 256 sample points for each continuously variable waveform.
- ‘5d’ SVF Filter with continuously variable cutoff, resonance, 0/2/4 pole mix, LP/BP/HP mix, and 4x-oversampled saturation provides a virtual infinite sound palette.
- Compressor and limiter with polyphonic and monophonic modes.
- Internal Modulation Matrix with 143 modulation destinations and 151 sources including:
- 3 ADSR Envelopes with graphical control of velocity shaping.
- 3 LFOs: two polyphonic, one monophonic linked to mod wheel; sine/double-sine, square/pulse, saw/tri, stepped, and random with contour shaping, freq mod, amp mod, and sync.
- Sample and Hold with trigger-level control.
- XY Pad to mix up to four modulation sources to any modulation destination.
- 120 Mapped MIDI Controllers, plus bend, modwheel + LFO, note pitch, velocity, and #notes.
- 50 Microtuning Tables.
- Preset Manager with simple button controls, preset naming, and bank load/save.
- Lots of Demo Presets. Notes may be stored and recalled with presets too.
- MIDI file player built in, with channel selection.
- MIDI I/O: note on/off, MIDI clock, program change, pitch bend, all 90 panel controls, and standard MIDI controllers such as pedals, etc.
- Optimized Graphical Display of oscillator waveforms, output waveform, filter curve, and modulation values for most recent voice; velocity display of all active voices.
- Resizable Panel. Zoom in or out as much as you like. Synth reopens the way you closed it.
- Interactive Help built in for wavesets, filter characteristics, microtuning tables, and with complete description of all panel controls.
- Open Source distribution in Cycling74 Max8, if you wish to change it in any way. sacrificing quality.
Husserl2 Mocha Edition by Yofiel is a Virtual Instrument Audio Plugin and a Standalone Application for Windows. It functions as a Rack Extension Plugin and a Standalone Application. It supports ReWire.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?