OB-Xd is based on the Oberheim OB-X. It attempts to recreate its sound and behavior, but as the original was very limited in some important ways a number of things were added or altered to the original design. OB-Xd was designed to sound as good and as rich as the original. It implements micro random detuning which is a big part of that sound.
• 7x faster GUI controls.
• Linux build.
• Standalone app.
• Signed and notarized installers.
• Updated JUCE framework to 5.4.7 for better stability and compatibility.
• Updated Banks with 2.0 compatibility.
• Ilkka Rosma Dark Theme.
• macOS Catalina support.
• MIDI CC Learn.
• MIDI CC support.
• Parameter refactor.
• XML based skinning.
• HiDPI (Retina) ready GUI themes.
While not copying originals, some of the features were taken to a better point. Continuous blendable multimode filter (HP-Notch(BP)-HP in 12 dB mode and 4-1 pole in 24 dB mode). Also, like many synths of the OB-X’s generation, the OB-Xd has no internal effects so its sounds and textures can be greatly enhanced by the use of additional processing like chorus, reverb, delay, etc.
Thanks to 2Dat for the original OB-Xd and Soshi Studio for giving the rights to continue this wonderful product. Also thanks to all KVR artists for making the amazing skins!. OB-Xd Desktop has no restrictions and is free to use. Buy to support further development, thank you! Source code is available under GPL license at GitHub.
What’s new in OB-Xd v2.5
• Added Scalable GUI (1x, 1.5x, 2x) with HiDPI support for all platforms.
• Added Luke’s Soundhouse 80s & Synthwave Presets bank.
• Preset Bar now uses bold font for better visibility.
• Specific fonts for each system (Helvetica Neue for macOS, Arial for Windows and DejaVu Sans for Linux).
• Revised all themes XML knob sizes and alignments.
• Updated assets with 4x bitmaps including Ilkka Rosma Dark theme.
• Streamlined Menu.
• Updated themes folder error dialog assets and window size.
• Added program popup menu when clicking Preset Bar name.
• Added Menu Help version and Open PDF manual (Windows and macOS).
• Miscellaneous fixes an enhancements.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?