Crio is a virtual analog/FM/Ring modulation synthesizer to make arpeggios, bass, solos, leads, FX-style sounds. Its goal is to achieve maximum functionality with minimal controls, to be used at studio or live, with facilities to drastically modify the sounds while playing.
The LFO has special functions for rhythmic uses, such as quantization of waveforms synchronized with tempo. For example, If the user applies tone modulation from the LFO with quantization, the resulting tones are forced to a scale, like an autotuner. An interesting result occurs when quantized noise wave is selected there.
The modulation wheel can be linked to the overall function of the LFO. Therefore, the user must use that wheel to check the importance of the sound modifications that can be done. For example, in certain presets, the player can use the modulation wheel to add automatic tone variations.
– 1 monophonic oscillator with:
3 voices, including sub oscillator.
Frequency modulation (FM)
Ring modulation (RM)
– 1 LFO with functions of wave quantization and tempo synchronization.
– 2 filters: typical state variable filter and comb filter.
– 1 envelope generator.
– 1 amplifier with booster and saturation.
– slide tone control that applies to keyboard and tone modulation from LFO.
– MIDI learn in most of the controls.