CHOW Tape is an analog tape machine physical model, originally based on the Sony TC-260. The current version can be used to emulate a wide variety of reel-to-reel tape machines. The physical modelling process is described in a technical paper presented at the 2019 DAFx conference. This work began part of a class project for Music 420 at Stanford University (CCRMA).
CHOW Tape is currently available in the following formats:
SPARTA is a collection of flexible VST audio plug-ins for spatial audio production, reproduction and visualisation, developed primarily by members of the Acoustics Lab at Aalto University, Finland.
In particular, this release sees the addition of 9 new plug-ins:
– compass_binauralVR: essentially, this is the same as the compass_binaural plugin, except it also supports listener translation around the receiver position and multiple simultaneous listeners.
– compass_spatedit: a flexible spatial editing plug-in intended to be used with 2 instances. The first instance you make of the plugin will allow you to specify marker directions and it will output the beamformed signals, which you can then equalise/re-balance/modulate/swap/modify as you wish. These modified signals can then be routed to the second instance of the plug-in. The ambient components of the first plugin are then also sent internally to the second plugin instance. The edited sound-field is then reconstructed and outputted by the second instance of the plugin.
– compass_gravitator: a sound-field focussing plugin affecting only the direct sound components in the sound scene. It essentially pulls sound sources towards user defined marker directions with a certain degree of “gravitational pull”.
– hodirac_binaural: a parametrically enhanced binaural ambisonic decoder, based on the higher-order Directional Audio Coding (HO-DirAC) method
– hodirac_decoder: the loudspeaker decoder variant
– hodirac_upmixer: the ambisonic upmixing variant
– sparta_spreader: a source panner with coherent and incoherent source spreading options. While by default it loads HRIR data for binaural spreading, the approach is quite general; for example, you could also create synthetic microphone array recordings of spread sources if you wish, by simply loading a SOFA file of microphone array IR measurements instead.
– sparta_ambiRoomSim: a basic shoebox room simulator with Ambisonics output, based on the image-source method. Its main niche is that it supports multiple sources and Ambisonic receivers. The output audio for the receivers is stacked up to the 64 channel limit. e.g., you can have up to 16x1st order, 4x3rd order receivers, or 1x7th order receiver.
– sparta_decorrelator: a multi-channel signal decorrelator, which you can use to make reproduced sound scenes more diffuse when applied, e.g., after sparta_ambiDEC on the loudspeaker signals.
AutoTremWahLight is a modulation of a filter by a low frequency generator. It is a free and restricted version of the AutoTremWah plugin.
You can look on the page of the AutoTremWah in order to watch a video tutorial and test demo version of AutoTremWah
Faber Acoustical introduces SignalScope X as its flagship dynamic signal analysis, data acquisition, and acoustics app for iOS, iPadOS, and macOS. The culmination of over 18 years of development experience on Apple platforms, SignalScope X offers in-app subscriptions to replace and exceed the functionality previously found in other apps from Faber Acoustical, including SignalScope, which was available in the iPhone App Store on its opening day in 2008. SignalScope X is now available on the App Store as a free download.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.